Values & Roles
- Own all government shares in the oil & gas sector and related business.
- Undertake all future investments in the oil and gas sector and related business.
- Receive and manage dividends from operating companies.
- Pursue value enhancing opportunities
- Identify and appraise investments and new ventures.
- Promote strategic alignment of OpCos with the strategy of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Drive profitability of portfolio companies
- Actively work with companies that are not meeting international benchmarks to improve their performance and profitability.
Promotion of OE and Best Practice
- Achieve operational excellence
- Strive for global best practice
- “A more active role in reviewing the performance of their holdings”
Provision of Professional Service
- Professional advice to the “political” entity, on policy, strategy, standards, investment, etc.
- Holding Co. guidance to the “Opco” entities, e.g. profitability required, ROCE, D/E ratio, dividend policy, etc.
Develop Intellectual Capital
- Create a hub for skilled manpower and experience
- Succession planning